Happy Birthday, Future Franchise
Today is 18 year old Drew Doughty’s birthday. He is now 19 year old Drew Doughty.
Drew was born December 8th, 1989. Remember 1989?
George H. W. Bush takes office as 41st President.
The Berlin Wall comes down.
Word Perfect 5.1 is shipped.
Wayne Gretzky passes Marcel Dionne to become NHL’s 2nd all time scorer.
Mats Sudin selected 1st overall by Quebec Nordiques.
Toronto Blue Jays Skydome stadium opens, Mil Brewers win 5-3.
George W Bush becomes CEO of Texas Rangers.
Pete Rose is suspended from baseball for life for gambling.
Trumbull Conn, is first US team since 1983 to win Little League WS. Led by Chris Drury.
Kirby Pucket signs record $3,000,000 per year Minn Twins contract.
Final episode of “Family Ties” airs.
First episode of Seinfeld premieres.
The Top Ten Grossing Movies USA 1989
2. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
3. Lethal Weapon 2
4. Look Who’s Talking
5. Honey, I Shrunk The Kids
6. Back To The Future 2
7. Ghostbusters 2
8. Driving Miss Daisy
10. Dead Poets Society
Top Ten Songs of 1989
1. Look Away, Chicago
2. My Prerogative, Bobby Brown
3. Every Rose Has Its Thorn, Poison
4. Straight Up, Paula Abdul
5. Miss You Much, Janet Jackson
6. Cold Hearted, Paula Abdul
7. Wind Beneath My Wings, Bette Midler
8. Girl You Know Its True, Milli Vanilli
9. Baby, I Love Your Way/Freebird, Will To Power
10. Giving You The Best That I Got, Anita Baker
Not much has changed, huh?